* Michael formerly worked as the Director of Outreach Services for the Austine School for the Deaf in Vermont.
* He also worked at the California School for the Deaf as a Dean and Principal, and the Mississippi School for the Deaf as the Superintendent.
* Graduated from Gallaudet University in 1972 with a BA in Government.
* Graduated from California State University in 1973 with a MA in Special Education.
* Graduated from California State University in 1979 with a MA in Administration and Supervision.
* Michael now lives in Putney, Vermont.
* Employment: Family Crisis Services – 9 years experience working with abuse victims in outreach and court advocacy. Supervises batterer’s education instructors. Created one of the country’s first advocacy programs for elder victims of domestic violence.
* Previous Employment: Client Advocate at Pine Tree Legal Assistance.
* Education: Hunter College, NYC and USM, BA in Political Science and History. Completed paralegal certificate program, USM 1991.
* Interests/Hobbies: Travel, reading, Cape Cod, art museums, growing things, especially watching wildly entertaining son grow up, artwork in progress.
* Has worked as a lawyer for 35 years in the Portland area.
* Started a law firm: Norman, Hanson, & DeTroy of Portland. Worked for the firm from 1975-2000.
* Belongs to the Maine Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
* Graduated from Colby College in 1962 and graduated from Boston University School of Law in 1965.
* Lives in North Yarmouth with his wife Judith.
* Has 4 children.
* Golf, fly fishing, X-country skiing, reading.